Need help for PEAP and EAP-TLV

Simon Rich - ERNW srich
Fri Mar 23 03:40:30 PDT 2007

Hello,

I`m working on a project and find your great programm wpa_supplicant.
But I only want to use the PEAP and EAP-TLV functionallity. Is there a
good (and fast) way to extract these functionallity because im reading
the source code now for nearly a week and I didn`t see any way without
to use the hole programm. What I want to have is a function where I can
data put in and the PEAP and EAP-TLV is build around these data. With
these PEAP data I want to go on in my own programm, like sending it over
LAN (I want to build the sending and reciving functionallity on my own,
beause I want it to send not in that ways what the supplicant provide).
Maybe there is way to use the eap state machine (which is implementet in
the supplicant, as I understand) but I must have admission to control
the Input data for PEAP and EAP-TLV and the sending functions on the
socket layer. I have to implement this programm in very little time, but
after end of the project I`m thinking of integrating it in the
supplicant. I would be very happy if somebody can give me a little
advisory about my problem. Thx

with kind regards
Simon