Howto plug wpa_supplicant and dhcdbd

Jouni Malinen j
Mon Feb 26 19:14:16 PST 2007

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 10:35:03PM +0100, Jens Rutschmann wrote:

> is there any way to let wpa_supplicant initiate a DHCP request ?

Not directly. One way would be to use connection events (e.g., though
wpa_cli) to run external events, but in general, I would think using a
DHCP client that follows new IFLA_OPERSTATE events or link status would
be even better. That should allow wpa_supplicant to mark the interface
in working state after the authentication and DHCP client would
automatically be triggered based on this without needed wpa_cli (etc.)
running it separately. However, I do not know whether such a DHCP client
is currently available or at least whether it is included in any of the
distros by default.