Howto plug wpa_supplicant and dhcdbd

Norbert Preining preining
Mon Feb 26 16:10:06 PST 2007

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Jens Rutschmann wrote:
> is there any way to let wpa_supplicant initiate a DHCP request ?
> Do I just have to configure dhcdbd and wpa_supplicant correctly?

I use wpa_supplicant for setting up all the wireless parameters, and
ifplugd for doing the rest of the ip configurations. Works like a charm.
My ifplugd on my laptop listens on eth0 (cable) and wireless (wlan)
interfaces and as soon as a cable is plugged (eth0) or we got associated
it ifups the respective interface.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Universit? di Siena
WIGAN (n.)
If, when talking to someone you know has only one leg, you're trying
to treat then perfectly casually and normally, but find to your horror
that your conversion is liberally studded with references to (a) Long
John Silver, (b) Hopalong Cassidy, (c) The Hockey Cokey, (d) 'putting
your foot in it', (e) 'the last leg of the UEFA competition', you are
said to have committed a wigan. The word is derived from the fact that
sub-editors at ITN used to manage to mention the name of either the
town Wigan, or Lord Wigg, in every fourth script that Reginald
Bosanquet was given to read.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff