Trouble connecting to wpa tkip peap network

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Feb 10 20:07:50 PST 2007

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 05:20:08PM -0330, Craig Harding wrote:

> My config file (from school computing center):
>
> # BEGIN CONFIG FILE
> ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
> ctrl_interface_group=users
> eapol_version=1
> ap_scan=2
> fast_reauth=1
>
> network={
>        ssid="stu"
>        proto=WPA
>        scan_ssid=1
>        key_mgmt=WPA-EAP
>        eap=PEAP
>        identity="USERNAME"
>        password="PASSWORD"
>        phase1="include_tls_length=1 peaplabel=0"
>        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
> }
> # END CONFIG FILE

Are you sure this is the exact same configuration file that you used to
generate the debug log?

> The wpa_supplicant command I'm using:
>   wpa_supplicant -Dwext -iwlan0 -c/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -ddd

> OpenSSL: tls_connection_ca_cert - Failed to load root certificates
> error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory

This should not show up here if the configuration file does not set
ca_cert.. Please send full debug log from wpa_supplicant (i.e.,
including configuration parsing) if this is still an open issue.