wpa_supplicant,PEAP and WEP Error

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Feb 10 20:04:51 PST 2007

On Mon, Jan 15, 2007 at 09:05:19AM -0800, rolando david wrote:
> I have made another attempt at seting PEAP using FREERADIUS ( I do not use Dynamic WEP). My windows clients are fine but  my linux clients cannot connect: here is my new configured wpa_supplicant:

What exactly do you mean with not using dynamic WEP? The configuration
you use with wpa_supplicant is set to use dynamic WEP and the AP seems
to also be trying to use dynamic WEP..

> network={
>              ssid="my ssid"
>              key_mgmt=IEEE8021x
>              eap=PEAP
>              auth_alg=OPEN
>              identity="OPENRADIUS ID"
>              password="PASSWORD"
>              ca_cert="/path/to/cert/cacert.pem
>              phase1="peaplabel=1"

peaplabel=1 must not be used with FreeRADIUS.

>              phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
>              priority=10
> }

If you really want to disable dynamic WEP, you would need to add
eapol_flags=0 line into the network block. Please note that you will
also need to configure the AP not to use this.

> I get this error  from my debug and then it fails:
>
> CTRL-EVENT-EAP-SUCCESS EAP authentication completed successfully
> EAPOL: Invalid key signature in EAPOL-key packet

I would guess that this happens because of the peaplabel=1 parameter. If
removing that line does not fix this, please send full debug log from
wpa_supplicant (-dd on command line).