Multiple clients on ath0 authentication failure

Peter Savage silentkeystroke
Sat Dec 15 08:21:50 PST 2007

On 15/12/2007, Jouni Malinen <j at w1.fi> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 11:03:35PM +0000, Peter Savage wrote:
> > ok.  i have managed to get this linux client to connect, however it
> seems
> > very hit and miss.  suffice to say authentication does work.  but it may
> not
> > hold the connection, or may not authenticate in the first place.  My
> speed
> > also seems limited to 5.5Mb.  Also, the windows xp client can still
> connect
> > without a problem.  very odd.  The connection dropped whilst i was
> writing
> > this email too.
>
> What is this Linux client (WLAN card/driver/etc.)? The debug log from
> hostapd seemed to indicate that there were no replies from the client.
> It is difficult to say what exactly is causing this based on that
> information. Probably the best way to debug this would be to use a
> wireless sniffer to capture the packets between the AP and the client
> from a failed connection attempt if you happen to have a suitable device
> for doing this.

I agree it's very odd.  The clients, a noka n800 and a hp laptop with a
netgear wg311 work fine with my main access point.  Sometimes they connect,
but it is very rare.  I will try to debug.  No more suggestions??  Does my
config look sound.  I see a few other people have had this problem, but
there seems to be no resolution.

--
Pete Savage - cbx33::silentk
wiki.ubuntu.com/PeteSavage