Multiple clients on ath0 authentication failure

Jouni Malinen j
Fri Dec 14 19:58:31 PST 2007

On Thu, Dec 13, 2007 at 11:03:35PM +0000, Peter Savage wrote:
> ok.  i have managed to get this linux client to connect, however it seems
> very hit and miss.  suffice to say authentication does work.  but it may not
> hold the connection, or may not authenticate in the first place.  My speed
> also seems limited to 5.5Mb.  Also, the windows xp client can still connect
> without a problem.  very odd.  The connection dropped whilst i was writing
> this email too.

What is this Linux client (WLAN card/driver/etc.)? The debug log from
hostapd seemed to indicate that there were no replies from the client.
It is difficult to say what exactly is causing this based on that
information. Probably the best way to debug this would be to use a
wireless sniffer to capture the packets between the AP and the client
from a failed connection attempt if you happen to have a suitable device
for doing this.