#defines for the Command strings

George S. Lockwood gslockwood
Fri Sep 1 10:05:08 PDT 2006

The kernel of the idea was to prevent an outsider to command the
service or supplicant.  If pipes are absolutely secure then I agree,
there may not be any issue for concern.

my idea, via obscuring commands, was just a means to customize command
so that only a person with access to the code modules would know how
to control the service/supplicant.

I'm really just trying to think like a malicious person and to find
ways to cause misbehavior.

I believe One GIANT security risk is already handled by you!  That
would be the use of the "SAVE_CONFIG" command.  If this is for saving
the network definitions back to the config text file -including
confidential credential info, this is dangerous.  BUT when I tried
that a few weeks ago, the supplicant prevented the attempt and did not
save.  I didn't investigate, but I believe I saw a message that made
me think the supplicant must be initized in some way to ALLOW this
command to proceed.  And I'm not even sure what actually would be
written to the text file -confidential info or not.

anyway, for my purposes, the supplicant/ service must be used by my
wpa_cli adapted app and not by any other means.  Maybe I don't need to
be concerned, maybe we should be.

george