wpa_supplicant && mandriva 2007

robm rob.merritt
Tue Oct 24 00:54:45 PDT 2006

I have an UBUNTU 6.06 install with a cisco aironet 350 (ario_cs) as well
I have a orinoco_cs card with the following wpa_supplicant.conf: (I need
peap and dynamic wep keys)

 # IEEE 802.1X with dynamic WEP keys using EAP-PEAP/MSCHAPv2

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant

network={
        ssid="uni"
        key_mgmt=IEEE8021X
        eap=PEAP
        phase2="auth=MSCHAPV2"
        identity="username"
        password="password"
}

# opennet
network={
        ssid=""
        key_mgmt=NONE
        priority=2
}

any  Ideas on what I am doing wrong
here is what I get :
 sudo wpa_supplicant -i eth2 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dwext
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not
supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - Trying to associate with 00:17:0f:e6:6c:b0
(SSID='uni' freq=2437 MHz)
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 6 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWGENIE]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 0 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 1 value 0x10 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 2 value 0x10 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 3 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 10 value 0x1 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 8 value 0x1 - Association request to the driver failed
CTRL-EVENT-TERMINATING - signal 2 received
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 7 value 0x0 - Failed to disable WPA in the driver.
ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 5 value 0x0 - ioctl[SIOCSIWAUTH]: Operation not supported
WEXT auth param 4 value 0x0 -
rob at rob-laptop:~$