Has anyone noticed the supplicant as a service hangs as "Stopping" when asked to "Stop"

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Oct 14 11:08:16 PDT 2006

On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 03:59:28PM -0700, George S. Lockwood wrote:

> This appears to happen to the binary downloaded service ONLY when the a cli
> app never connects to the service to make requests.  If you use the service
> to perform request commands a  subsequent "Stop" will shutdown the service
> properly.

I was only able to reproduce this if I started the service without any
network adapters. In this case, the stop process was indeed hanging
indefinitely. However, this was not caused by the area of code you
proposed to be modified. The problem here was that eloop_terminate()
call did not the event loop immediately; it did it only after an event
is signaled after eloop_terminate() gets called. In the case of no
interfaces, the only possible event was a request through the
ctrl_iface.

I changed eloop_win.c to make eloop_terminate() set an event to force
the process to terminate immediately. This allowed me to stop the
service even in the case where no interfaces are configured.