-Dwext problems with zydas driver and wpa-psk - ioctl[SIOCSIWPMKSA]: Invalid argument, Could not configure driver to use managed mode, Association request to the driver failed

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Mon Mar 20 06:12:30 PST 2006

On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 01:31:05AM -0600, John H. wrote:

> I don't know what's wrong, it's just not working anymore, but same
> router works in XP.  Currently using .67 of zd1211 driver and
> wpa_supplicant .4.8, but get same results from .5.2.

>  /usr/src/wpasupplicant/wpa_supplicant -w -i wlan0 -c
> /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf -Dwext

Please send more verbose debug log (i.e., add -dd to the command line).

> WPA: Key negotiation completed with 00:90:4b:36:b8:66 [PTK=TKIP GTK=TKIP]
> CTRL-EVENT-CONNECTED - Connection to 00:90:4b:36:b8:66 completed (auth)

At least the initial connection worked fine, so the basic functionality
seems to be available.

> WPA: EAPOL-Key Replay Counter did not increase - dropping packet

This is most commonly triggered if the driver does not report
disconnection to the supplicant. More verbose debug could help in
figuring out whether that is the case, but one may need to take a look
at wireless capture log of the frames sent at this point to figure out
what exactly happened unless the driver provides useful debug
information about associations.