Hostap & ifrename

Svata Dedic garat
Wed Mar 15 00:44:49 PST 2006

Hello,

I have troubles with hostap when using ifrename to rename interfaces at
boot. All the wifi and wlan devices are renamed OK and work nicely, but
the hostap information exported through /proc still use the old names
for devices (as detected when the driver first loads).

I am using hostap-0.4.4 - is there some fix for this issue in later
versions, so I should consider an upgrade ? There was a patch sent to
this list back in September 2005 I think, but the patch didn't work for
me: contents of /proc/net/hostap were screwed (duplicate directory names
etc).

Thanks!
-Svata