PRISM2_NON_VOLATILE_DOWNLOAD in kernel 2.6.14

Pavel Roskin proski
Tue Jan 10 15:14:05 PST 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 00:38 -0500, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> I understand your reluctance to maintain the driver in two places.  But I think
> it's better to fix the CVS version to work with all kernels it compiles for.
> I'm not saying it should be in sync with the kernel version, it just shouldn't
> crash.
>
> You could add a #warning for the recent kernels.  As for the #error, future API
> changes will take care of it one day :)

[Replying to myself]

It happened much earlier than I thought.  With the current kernel from
git:
/home/proski/src/hostap/driver/modules/hostap_cs.c: At top level:
/home/proski/src/hostap/driver/modules/hostap_cs.c:987: error: unknown
field 'attach' specified in initializer

Damn PCMCIA.  Now standalone hostap driver can be considered officially
obsolete.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin