hostapd with Atheros

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Feb 21 18:47:16 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 04:25:54PM -0500, Michael Plourde wrote:

> still answer to myself, wlan* modules were not all loaded !
> But when i try :
> insmod wlan
> insmod wlan_acl
> insmod wlan_wep
> insmod wlan_tkip
> insmod wlan_ccmp
>
> got this error:
>
> insmod: unresolved symbol crypto_alloc_tfm
> insmod: unresolved symbol crypto_free_tfm
>
> i know that's mean that a module is missing (not loaded) but wich one...

madwifi-users mailing list would be more appropriate for this question.
Those symbols are from Linux CryptoAPI, but I don't remember which
module includes them. Is there any particular reason for using insmod
instead of modprobe? modprobe would try to load all the needed modules
without you even having to figure out which module was actually needed..