Fwd: Segmentation Fault: madwifi and hostapd

Chad Meister chadlich
Tue Feb 7 19:53:03 PST 2006

Hi,

I had a chance to test the patch.  Sorry for the
delay. It works perfectly on the stable release of
hostapd. I still haven't had a chance to it out on the
development.

Thanks for considering rearranging the logger
settings.  It's your call.  I just thought I would
provide some user feedback.

As for the patch that places all the files in the
/etc/hostapd directory, the patch is a dpatch found in
the debian source of hostapd-0.3.7.  After looking at
the patch though, it's not much of patch to the source
, but to the hostapd.conf file.  I misunderstood and
thought the place for the hostap.conf files was
hardcoded in the hostapd source. Instead, the way the
debian package structures hostapd files is the
following:

/etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf
/etc/hostapd/hostapd.accept
/etc/hostapd/hostapd.deny
/etc/hostapd/eap_user
/etc/hostapd/ca.pem
/etc/hostapd/server.pem
/etc/hostapd/server.prv
/etc/hostapd/sim_db
/etc/hostapd/radius.clients
/etc/hostapd/wpa-psk

I'd actually prefer hostapd.deny and hostapd.accept to
be named simply "deny" and "accept."

In any case, would you like me to write a patch for
the hostapd.conf file with the directory structure
above?

The dpatch is located here -
http://pdo.debian.net/stable/net/hostapd - if you want
to examine it yourself.