Problem Configuring "hostapd"

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Dec 16 20:39:00 PST 2006

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 05:32:04PM +1100, Nazeer Khan wrote:

> I download the latest stable version of hostapd-0.4.5, but i am having
> problem with the configuration.
>
> All the problems are with "tls_openssl.c"

> tls_openssl.c:25:25: error: openssl/ssl.h: No such file or directory

This indicates that OpenSSL development package was not found (likely
not installed). Are you planning on using hostapd as an authentication
server (EAP server) or only as an access point controller? If latter,
you do not actually need OpenSSL at all (but you will need to remove
CONFIG_EAP* entries from .config). If you do not OpenSSL, I would
suggest installing the development package for it from the distribution
you use.