How to "pass a pci=biosirq option to the kernel on boot"

张有康 bjpu02071202
Thu Aug 17 19:44:38 PDT 2006

Hi!

I met an problem as follows:

root at 172.25.3.161:/# cardctl insert
root at 172.25.3.161:/# hostap_cs: 0.1.1 - 2003-10-19 (Jouni Malinen <jkmaline at cc.h
ut.fi>)
hostap_cs: index 0x01: Vcc 3.3, irq 31, io 0x0100-0x013f
hostap_cs: Registered netdevice wlan0
wlan0: hfa384x_cmd - timeout - reg=0xffff
hostap_cs: first command failed - is the card compatible?

And I googled one solution like:

Well, I was finally able to get to the bottom of it. It wasn't a problem with the
hostap driver, nor with the pcmcia modules. It was actually a kernel problem with
IRQ configuration. Apparently the multiple PCI busses on the board screwed up the
IRQ assignment, and the only way to solve it was to pass a pci=biosirq option to
the kernel on boot. Thanks for the help.
>>prism2_hw_init()
>>wlan0: hfa384x_cmd - timeout - reg=0xffff
>>hostap_cs: first command failed - is the card compatible?

And I just want to know how to "pass a pci=biosirq option to the kernel on boot".
Thank you very much.
                                                               Youkang