compiling wpa_supplicant on Mac OSX

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Tue Apr 18 20:21:57 PDT 2006

On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 02:14:09PM -0400, blaqb0x at netscape.net wrote:

>   I was wondering if anyone has gotten wpa_supplicant to work on Mac OS
> X, particularly 10.3.

I haven't heard of successful reports so far.

> Has anyone been able to build it on OS X 10.3?

I would expect core code to build without problems, but I don't know
what would be needed for the driver interface. libpcap can probably be
used for providing access to EAPOL frames, but the driver communication
(driver_*.c file in wpa_supplicant) may need to be implemented from
scratch.

Do you happen to know whether there are any publicly available Mac OS X
development systems? I could take a more detailed look at what can be
built now and what would require more work if I were to find a way of
testing builds and getting access to the needed include and library
files.