wpa_supplicant Windows port, again (WPA2)

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Sep 25 18:14:32 PDT 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 08:22:20PM -0400, Bryan Kadzban wrote:

> I'll try to set that kind of environment up here, but if you release
> 0.4.5 before I get it going, I'll try that out first.

Unfortunately, it looks like increasing polling frequency is not really
going to help much. Either there is some extra latency in select() on
Windows or WinPcap takes some time to get the frames. I have the code
for using faster polling in CVS, but this did not seem to change 4-Way
Handshake timing that much. It may be better for some cases, e.g., if
two frames can be received with one poll, but other than that, the
results were just marginally better than with the previous version.

Further improvements may require quite a large Windows specific change
for reimplementing the event loop or alternatively, using a separate
thread for receiving frames.

There is quite large difference in latency when comparing results from
tests with debug enabled and disabled. In other words, the negotiation
is more likely to succeed if debugging is disabled.