Developers' documentation for wpa_supplicant and hostapd

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Nov 25 13:35:25 PST 2005

I have been working on developers' documentation for wpa_supplicant
(http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/devel/) for a while and it has
quite a bit of material already. I've now started doing the same for
hostapd and hopefully, at some point there will be similar documentation
available at the web site.

Finding functions to document is relatively easy, but it can get
difficult for me to figure out which areas of code need more comments.
Having worked on this for number of years and knowing the implementation
inside out is making lots of things look trivial.. It would be helpful
to get feedback from people who have tried to understand the
implementation and have found areas that are either very difficult to
understand or at least take a lot of time to figure out.

You have now a good chance to get explanation for your favorite
difficult to understand area! Just let me know where that is and I'll
try to make sure the implementation gets commented out properly to make
it easier and faster to understand what is going on and why.