hostap 0.4.4-kernel interrupt troubles: "SWSUPPORT0 does not match"

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Nov 4 18:17:57 PST 2005

On Sun, Oct 30, 2005 at 05:33:49PM -0800, Chip Salzenberg wrote:

> I've got a pcmcmia laptop setup using the hostap drivers.
> (For which, btw, thanks!)
>
> Version 0.3.9 under kernel 2.6.12 works fine.

Can you test whether the current development version (0.4.6) works with
2.6.12? What about 2.6.13?

> Version 0.4.4-kernel included with kernel 2.6.14 does not; there seems
> to be a problem with interrupt delivery.  As long as the module is
> installed, keystrokes and all other interrupt-driven activity pause
> for a LONG time.  In fact, often keystrokes will auto-repeat as the
> interrupt for the key-raise event gets delayed.

I cannot reproduce this in my test setup. Linux 2.6.14 with the Host AP
driver works on my IBM ThinkPad T43 with hostap_cs and the same station
firmware version that you seem to be using (1.8.4). Did you need to do
something with the card before seeing this issue apart from plugging it
in? I was able to associate with WPA without seeing any problems.

Are you using the new hotplug mechanism to initialize PC Card modules?
Can you please send full dmesg output including everything from the
kernel startup to the point when hostap_cs starts reporting problems?