which firmware for wl200?

Jar jar
Sat May 21 11:52:39 PDT 2005

> Hello all!
>
> I've been looking for firmware for my compaq wl200 in this list but what
> i found makes me suspicious - there's a firmware posted by pedro
> estrela:

Read the "Mini-howto on Flashing Intersil Prism Chipsets" at:
http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/

Download http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/firmware/1.5.6.tar.gz and use s1010506.hex
STA firmware from it. The 1.7.0 is newest for wl200 but I have found that the 1.5.6
works best. Note that the WPA is only supported in 1.7.0 version. Note also that you
only have to flash the STA=Station firmware not PRI=Primary. The PRI=0.3.0 is newest
and it is OK.

For flashing the STA firmaware, I have always used the windows utility
http://linux.junsun.net/intersil-prism/WinUpdate-0-7-0.exe. First moved the card to
windows machine and flashed it there, then moved back to Linux machine.

That's because the prism2_srec has always complained about some "incompatibility
issues" with this card and with the s1010506.hex frmware. Maybe it is safe to use
"-i" parameter with prism2_srec to ignore these incompatibility errors?

--
Best Regards, Jar