HostAP with ralink card - might it work?

Tim Boneko tim
Mon May 9 05:11:30 PDT 2005

Jouni Malinen schrieb:

> What exactly are you trying to do and what do you mean with "HostAP" in
> this context?

Sorry for confusing this... I want to use the hostapd for authenticating
my clients and setting up wpa encryption instead of wep. Hostapd is
installed on my gateway pc (debian sarge), the clients are linux pcs and
apples.
There?s no prism chipset available here, only ralink based cards.
(802.11g based cards with kernel drivers are almost impossible to come
by in germany)

It seems to me that i made the server and the client communicate about
wpa keys, but hostapd didn?t keep the client from connecting despite an
intentionally wrong key. (Does that sentence make sense? I?m not a
native english speaker, if you didn?t already notice...)

Thanks for replying,

	timbo