HostAP with ralink card - might it work?

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat May 7 23:23:46 PDT 2005

On Thu, May 05, 2005 at 08:56:25PM +0200, Tim Boneko wrote:

> While trying to get rid of wep encryption in my wlan, i found the hostap
> project (i know, this is not for ralink cards...).
> I decided to just give it a try and installed the package
> (Debian 3.1, kernel 2.6.11.7). I configured my wlan card (msi pc54g2
> with rt2500 driver) as "wired" and configured all necessary options.

What exactly are you trying to do and what do you mean with "HostAP" in
this context? Your message was talking about HostAP (which, at least for
me, is a driver from Prism2/2.5/3 cards), wpa_supplicant (IEEE
802.1X/WPA supplicant), and hostapd (IEEE 802.1X/WPA authenticator and
other optional AP functionality).