hostapd/wpa_supplicant - new development release v0.4.3

Leonardo Maccari maccari-thisaintpartofmyaddress-
Thu Jun 30 07:21:08 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 06:54:27PM -0700, Jouni Malinen wrote:
> Yes, that should be quite a bit easier now, though all the cleanup is
> not yet complete. There's still number of functions that the other part
> of the program (mainly wpa_supplicant.c in case of wpa_supplicant) will
> still need to export. The main change was that struct wpa_supplicant and
> wpa_supplicant_i.h is not used in wpa.c anymore.

so, let's say I want to link wpa.c with hostapd, I shoud write something
like hostapd_s.h and define there functions that wpa.c needs, like
wpa_supplicant_get_bssid() and some other. then into hostapd instantiate a
wpa_sm and recreate all is needed to have it work (which basically means
importing into hostapd most of wpa_supplicant code).
Else if I want to run wpa over XX type network, using wpa.c code just
as an implementation of WPA state machine code still needs more cleanup.

ciao,
leonardo.
--
   Key fingerprint = 3129 C583 F03B 2E73 0115  C040 3489 0185 B592 19FE
 Obviously -thisaintpartofmyaddress- is not part of my real email address