wpa_supplicant in bridge mode

cathy cathyliu
Tue Aug 9 04:39:58 PDT 2005

Hi All,

 I need to porting wpa_supplicant with madwifi driver in Bridge Mode.

I change the code in wpa_supplicant.c file, in order to get packet from AP

wpa_s->l2 = l2_packet_init(wpa_s->ifname, ETH_P_EAPOL,
wpa_supplicant_rx_eapol, wpa_s); --> original-->This can't receive packet
from AP

wpa_s->l2 = l2_packet_init(wpa_s->ifname, ETH_P_ALL,
wpa_supplicant_rx_eapol, wpa_s); --> changed -->This can receive packet from
AP

But...wpa_supplicant does not work well.

The supplicant can get the pairwise and group key, but in a while it will
send disassociate packet to ap.

 Below network block is my wpa_supplicant.conf, and the ap only support TKIP

network={

           ssid="cathy_test"

           proto=WPA

           key_mgmt=WPA-EAP

           pairwise=TKIP

           group=TKIP

           eap=TLS

           identity="ccl"

           ca_cert="./CAcer042105.pem"

           client_cert="./Mobcert042105.pem"

           private_key="./Mobkey042105.pem"

           private_key_passwd="whatever"

           priority=1

}

Did anybody encounter the same problem or any suggestion for me, I will very
appreciate. Thanks in advance.

CathyLiu