Help ! -- install wlan driver failed under RedHat 9 (2.4.20-8)

harryhe harryhe
Sun Apr 24 22:36:04 PDT 2005

Hi,

         My notebook is installed with RedHat 9 whose kernel is 2.4.20-8, I
also have one wlan card:

         Outside labels

Proxim IEEE 802.11b PC-Card Orinoco Silver

Model 8241-WD

Proxim Corporation 8420-WD, 842X Agere Systems 0110-PC

FCC-ID: IMRPC2411B

         I think madwifi may support this card, so I downloaded madwifi
2004-09-30 and compile it . problems are met when "make install"

         Depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in
/lib/modules/2.4.20-8/net/wlan_ccmp.o

                   Depmod:           crypto_alloc_tfm

                   . .

         Some one said that I need to recompile kernel with cryptoAPI,
however, I am new to that, and I can't find crypto_alloc_tfm in linux source

         "grep crypto_alloc_tfm crypto/* -R"  returns nothing

         Can anyone help me?

Thank

Harry