Programming internal Base band processor (HFA3863) registers

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Wed Sep 15 21:06:03 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 15, 2004 at 06:05:41PM +0530, Gargi D wrote:

> I have a PRISM based 802.11b WLAN card with HFA3863 Base band processor (BBP).  I have the datasheet for HFA3861?  Can I refer the same for HFA3863 for understanding the BBP registers?  I am unable to find the one for HFA3863 on the web.

I would not recommend doing that. These chips have some differences..

> Are only certain registers programmable?  How to do I know the programming capability extended by my hardware.

Many of the registers are controlled by MAC/firmware. Even if you were
able to change them, they are likely returned to their previous values
shortly.