Programming internal Base band processor (HFA3863) registers

Gargi D gargid
Wed Sep 15 05:35:41 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have a PRISM based 802.11b WLAN card with HFA3863 Base band processor (BBP).  I have the datasheet for HFA3861?  Can I refer the same for HFA3863 for understanding the BBP registers?  I am unable to find the one for HFA3863 on the web.

I am interested in programming the internal register of BBP.  In particular, is it possible to program internal registers of the BBP for short preamble option using writemif?

I am unable to change using

"iwpriv wlan0 writemif 2*CR"

Are only certain registers programmable?  How to do I know the programming capability extended by my hardware.

Any insight would be appreciated,

Regards,

Gargi Dadhich
Member Technical Staff
Networking and Internet Software Group (NISG)
C-DAC, Pune

Tel:    020-25694000/1/2/3      Extn: 484
Fax:   020-25694059