Flash primary firmware

nettie nettie
Mon Sep 13 07:05:21 PDT 2004

Hi guys, I'm having problems flashing (volatile) the primary firmware of
my Prism2.5 minipci adapter.

this is the hostap_diag output:

Host AP driver diagnostics information for 'wlan0'

NICID: id=0x8013 v1.0.0 (PRISM II (2.5) Mini-PCI (SST parallel flash))
PRIID: id=0x0015 v1.0.7
STAID: id=0x001f v1.3.6 (station firmware)

srec summary for ak010104.hex
Included file name: AK010104.HEX
Component: 0x0015 1.1.4 (primary firmware)

srec summary for rf010803.hex
Component: 0x001f 1.8.3 (station firmware)

Verifying update compatibility and combining data:
Plug record length mismatch (PDR=0x0001): 12 != 16
==> extend from default
PRI: old iface 1:4-4 new iface 4:4-5
Could not find data position for plugging PDR 0x0413 at 0x0000118a (len=2)
PDR 0x0413 is not in wlan card PDA and there is no default data.
Ignoring plug .
Allowing S3 overlap due to CRC-16 signature at 0x007e17fe (was: ffff)
OK.

Downloading to volatile memory (RAM).
OK.
Components after download:
   NICID: 0x8013 v1.0.0
   PRIID: 0x0015 v1.0.7
   STAID: 0x001f v1.8.3

as you can see only the secondary firmware has been lodead.

I would like to flash because I have some issues with orinoco gold
adapters (they associate but there's no traffic), so I'm trying to
figure out if an update could solve this problem.

I also would like to know if a primary/secondary firmware changelog
exist and where should I find it considering I really would like to
understand what are the enhancements and fixes before flashing the adapter.

Thanx in advance for your time guys, any feedback and suggestion will be
appreciated.