update PDA failed

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri May 28 07:21:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 02:21:23PM +0200, Bruno Randolf wrote:

> ./prism2_srec -vv -P wlan0.pda.hostap.mod -f wlan0 sf010704.hex
>
> and it does not give me an error (full -vv output at the end of this mail).
> but when i dump the contents of the PDA again with
>
> ./prism2_srec -D wlan0
>
> it still shows me the old values.

This is the expected behavior. Please see README for utils (especially
the last sentence below):

PDA data can be dumped in text format (PDRs in hex format using 16-bit
words) with -D option. This format matches with the one used in
Intersil's PDA files and it can be used to modify PDA contents for a
download by using -P option. This does not overwrite PDA in the flash,
so the modified PDA text file must be specified with all download
commands.