client association problem

Mike Buckley mbuckley
Sun May 9 21:23:27 PDT 2004

DHCP server needs it. Also you need to restart DHCP or set it up if it is not already setup.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: sankpal_manisha
  To: hostap at shmoo.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 06, 2004 11:21 PM
  Subject: client association problem

  Hi all, I have converted my PC to work as an AP using hostap. the iwconfig commands show corect ssid,signal ,stregth,etc.. and when i tried to associate client it falis.... i assigned the IP address to wlan0 using ifconfig and the client gets associetd with the AP. i m wondering why this happens? is there neccessity to assign IP address to wlan0 very time ? what is the significance of doing this? plz shed a light on this issue
  Indiatimes Email now powered by APIC Advantage. Help!

  Help
  Click on the image to chat with me