Firmware for > 11 channels

Matt Brown matt
Wed Jun 16 06:56:53 PDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 01:23, Jouni Malinen wrote:

> Yes. I haven't tested channel 14, but at least 1-13 have worked fine
> with cards sold in Europe.

Good to know.

> There is no separate firmware for Europe/Japan as far as I know. The
> allowed channels are configured in the card PDA (with other
> configuration items, like MAC address). One would need to change the PDA
> contents for an upgrade (e.g., using a PDA file to override the values
> from flash). If I remember correctly, this was discussed some time ago
> on this mailing list.

Indeed I just found the following post which looks very very helpful
http://lists.shmoo.com/pipermail/hostap/2003-July/003556.html

Just to clarify some of the details in that message regarding the
capabilities of hostap. It states the hostap doesn't allow dumping PDA
yet. Can I now use hostap_diag -p for this task, or should I still use
Pavel's prism2dl utility?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

--