hostapd radius authentication [mac/mac]

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sat Jun 12 09:31:54 PDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 09:20:02AM -0700, nondito wrote:

> >>Sat Jun 12 19:48:40 2004 : Auth: Login OK:
> [00904b606290/00904b606290] (from client hunter port
> 0)
>
> Now, I had the radius server previously setup for my
> other wireless devices but the clients are added in
> the basis of MAC/Shared-Key. Is there anyway I can
> change any parameter, or modify the source to alter
> the check items?

Do you mean that all the client entries in RADIUS database are using the
same shared key? If yes, you could change hostapd_radius_acl_query()
function in hostapd/ieee802_11_auth.c to use the shared key in
radius_msg_add_attr_user_password() call. In other words, you would need
to replace "buf, strlen(buf)" part in the arguments with "shared key",
10 (or, to make it more cleanly, make this a new configuration option
for hostapd.conf and if not set, use the default of using the MAC
address as the User-Password).