Wired

Gunter Burchardt gbur
Sun Jun 6 01:58:42 PDT 2004

> Thanks. I applied the patch with number of small changes.

I would like to introduce a pointer to driver_info like this:

hostapd.h:
struct driver_info {
    void *data; /* driver specific data */
    void (*set_sta_authorized)(struct hostapd_data *hapd,
                   struct sta_info *sta, int authorized);
};

driver.h:
#define DRIVER_DATA(hapd) ((struct hostap_driver_data
*)(hapd->driver->data))

struct hostap_driver_data {
    int ioctl_sock; /* socket for ioctl() use */
    int wext_sock; /* socket for wireless events */
};

Each driver can store driver specific data in this pointer. Its the
first step to enable hostapd to use other drivers. But I'm not happy
about the typecast. Do you have a better idea?

regards
gunter