eap-tls, hostapd with XP client and linux client

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Fri Jun 4 06:19:44 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:13:44AM +0200, Ulf Jakobsson wrote:

> I found this in the EAPLOG, could it be something?:
> "EAPOL-Key for transmit key *NOT* received within 5 seconds in
> AUTHENTICATED state
> EAPOL Failure: Fail Count = 3"

Did you configure the client to expect keys ("WEP keys are delivered
automatically" or something like that), but did not configure hostapd
for this? It looks like hostapd was not sending keys, so I would assume
you did not include similar configuration for hostapd. You will need to
including following lines (or with length 5 if you want to use 40-bit
WEP keys) in hostapd.conf for hostapd to send the keying material.

wep_key_len_unicast=13
wep_key_len_broadcast=13