broadcom MIPS driver

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Jul 25 19:33:50 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 04:27:33PM +0400, Nikki Chumakov wrote:

> There are a family of wireless routers based on broadcom MIPS chipsets.
> To name a few it is Linksys WRT54G(S), ASUS WL-500G(X) and so on.
>
> I have ported wpa_supplicant to this architecture.

> This port was sucessfully tested with OpenWRT and Sveasoft firmwares.
>
> I'm asking to integrate it into future wpa_supplicant versions.

Thanks! I applied the patch with number of small(ish) changes:
- renamed to driver_broadcom.o since this is not really specific to
  WRT54G and should work with all devices using Broadcom wl.o driver
- removed CONFIG_BRIDGE parts; this kind of configuration is not valid
  for an IEEE 802.11 client mode, so this should not be needed; the
  wireless interface needs to be removed from the bridge before using
  it in client mode with wpa_supplicant
- backwards compatible mechanism for using new driver->events_init2
  with ifname parameters
- some cleanup and small changes to make the code match with the
  coding style used in wpa_supplicant

I quickly verified that the end result works on Linksys WRT54G with
Sveasoft firmware. All the changes are now available in the
wpa_supplicant development snapshot.