Compatibility verification failed for the second image.

David Goodenough david.goodenough
Sun Jul 25 12:33:11 PDT 2004

I have a small conundrum.

I have a laptop running a 2.6 kernel and an embedded system running
a 2.4 kernel and both are running the same 0.1.3 hostap kernel module.

The cards I am trying to flash are pk 1.1.0 and sf 1.4.9.

I have files which I found from the web for primary and station firmware
pk010101.hex and sf010800.hex.  I have by the way copied the files
back to the original system and compared them, they are identical.

On the laptop I can upgrade the firmware on Senao cards quite
happily using these two files, but on the embedded system while
the primary file is OK, the secondary fails complaining about verification
errors.

It seems to be complaining about PDR 0x0413 which it is trying to
find at 0x0000118e length 2.

Both of these systems are Debian unstable systems.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this might be happening and what
to do about it.

Thanks

David