netlink issues between hostap and zebra

Theodor Milkov zimage
Tue Jan 6 00:53:26 PST 2004

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 08:39:15PM -0800, Jouni Malinen wrote:
<cut>
> Zebra seems to complain about wireless event message..
>
> > Using iproute tools I can see:
> >
> > $ ip monitor
> > BUG: nil ifname
>
> .. and so does iproute2.
>
> > The first one have very strong signal level, no packet loss at all and
> > the "nil ifname" messages are at rate about 2-3 per hour.
> >
> > The second system is in very noisy environment, have noticeable packet
> > loss and rises and lowers it speed several times per minute. "nil
> > ifname" messages are also several time per minute.
>
> Host AP sends wireless event for dropped packets.
>
> > I'm open for suggestions and can run test on request.
>
> Do you see any real issues apart from error messages? If not, maybe you
> could just ignore those or try to fix Zebra/ip to quietly ignore new
> netlink messages that they do not know.

Fortunately I do not see any real issues. So far the only issue is too
many zebra error messages filling logs realy quick. I'll try newer zebra
fork - quagga and if it doesn't behave different I'll try to patch
quagga's netlink part.

Best regards,

--
    Theodor Milkov      Head Network Administrator
    CCNA                Davidov Electric Ltd.