Mac Level Handoffs

Anand S. Katti askatti
Sat Jan 3 08:19:39 PST 2004

Hello All,

I got one more query for HOTSPOT.

I am setting up a HOTSPOT, but im understanding how things work at this
point..

hostap1----------------------hostap2

hostap1:
channel 1
ssid=test

hostap2
channel 6
ssid=test

Both hostap are operating in AP mode.

If I with a LAPTOP with an FTP session ON from hostap1 towards hostap2
then will this session get disconnected ? or it will be on even on hostap2
area? Will the connection be persistent?

As requirement i'll seperate both AP's with 5 channels apart.

Will the above setup work ? if not why ? I think essentially im asking
whether above setup leads to MAC LEVEL HANDOFF's?

Should the hostap2 be in repeater/BRIDGE mode ?

Kindly showme the way.
Anand S.Katti