how to force Vcc to 5V

Santiago Garcia Mantinan hostap
Tue Feb 17 15:11:21 PST 2004

Hi!

I used to do all the tests with my old laptop till it broke, now I'm doing
the tests with my new laptop and I cannot get as far as I could with the old
one, so I think the new laptop gives a weaker signal using the same card.
The only difference I find between the two is that the new one is powering
the card at 3.3V and the old one was using 5V.

So, I was wondering if I could force the driver to power the card with 5V to
test if this was really the thing that was making the difference.

I have tried using ignore_cis_vcc=1 but without any luck, This are the
config registries of my card:

  config base 0x03e0 mask 0x0001 last_index 0x02
  cftable_entry 0x01 [default]
    Vcc Vnom 3300mV Vmin 3V Vmax 3600mV Iavg 300mA
    Ipeak 300mA Idown 10mA
    io 0x0000-0x003f [lines=6] [16bit]
    irq mask 0xffff [level] [pulse]
  cftable_entry 0x02
    Vcc Vnom 5V Vmin 4750mV Vmax 5250mV Iavg 300mA
    Ipeak 300mA Idown 10mA

Any ideas?

I don't mind having to touch the code a bit, so any suggestion will be
welcome.

Thanks in advance!
--
Manty/BestiaTester -> http://manty.net