WPA-PSK fails with Linksys WPC54Gv2 card and WRT54GS router

Michael Reilly michaelr
Wed Aug 18 15:52:02 PDT 2004

I am using driverloader version 2.03 with my WPC54Gv2 card (TI chipset, not
broadcom) and am using WPA-PSK (wpa_supplicant-0.2.4).  It works perfectly
when the AP is a Cisco 1100 or 1200.

But when I switch to a Linksys WRT54GS router it fails.  The same ndis
drivers under windows 2000 work fine so it looks like the WRT54GS is capable
of WPA-PSK.

I didn't save a copy of the log - I'll get it tonight.  However I recall
that is fails after step 2/4.  I think the WRT54G disconnects.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

network={
         ssid="ssid_used"
         proto=WPA
         key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
         pairwise=TKIP CCMP
         group=WEP104 TKIP CCMP
         #psk="passphrase"
         psk=hex digits
         priority=2
}

I tried both the passphrase and the hex digits generated by wpa_passphrase.

What should I look for tonight while debugging and capturing the logs?

Thanks,

michael
--
Michael Reilly    michaelr at cisco.com