Interface 'wlan0' does not seem to support prism2_param command.

alf romeo gambaslupa
Thu Oct 9 23:35:33 PDT 2003

Hi guys!

I am running Two HostAP.Here are the setup for each
PC.

HostAP-1
---------
1.RH8
2.hostap-0.0.3
3.pcmcia-cs-3.1.31
4.wireless-tools-25

HostAP-2
planning to use those two pc to work w/ wds.I have
reference already on how to setup wds.I also upgraded
the secondary firmware of my Zcomax XI-325H to
1.5.6.One of the configuration i plan to use is from
the one posted by maggie cross.I just followed the
commands,

HostAP-1
-------

iwconfig wlan0 mode repeater
iwconfig wlan0 channel 6
iwconfig wlan0 essid dmr

prism2_param wlan0 max_wds 1
prism2_param wlan0 wds_type 4

iwpriv wlan0 wds_add 00:603:76:9E:8A

ifconfig wlan0wds0 192.168.41.50 netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast
192.168.41.255 up

HostAP-2
-------
iwconfig wlan0 mode repeater

iwconfig wlan0 channel 6
iwconfig wlan0 essid dmr

prism2_param wlan0 max_wds 1
prism2_param wlan0 wds_type 4

iwpriv wlan0 wds_add 00:603:7A:1B:45

ifconfig wlan0wds0 192.168.41.55 netmask 255.255.255.0
broadcast
192.168.41.255 up

------------------------------------

There was no problem for my HostAP-1. The problem i
got was with HostAP-2.when i did,"#iwpriv wlan0
prism2_param max_wds1 or prism2_param wds_type", there
was an error.Below is the error i got.

[root at nato utils]# ./prism2_param wlan0 wds_tpye 4
wlan0     no private ioctls.

Interface 'wlan0' does not seem to support
prism2_param command.
Run './prism2_param' without any arguments for usage
information.

Was the error cause by the compilation of the hostap
driver?!..did i miss any options?!...I already
re-install the hostap driver, but still got the same
message.Hope you can help me..

Thanks and good day!