Problems with latest CVS

Michael Guntsche mike
Sat Nov 29 12:52:47 PST 2003

> The second problem I have is far more serious, at least for me ;)
>
> In earlier versions I could remove the card ( or call cardctl eject)
> whenever I wanted. Now I have to bring down wlan0 first (ifconfig
> wlan0 down), else I get error messages after removing it and an oops
> during the reinsertion of the card.

I seem to have found a fix for this problem but I'm not sure if this is
the right way to do it.
I removed

	#define HOSTAP_USE_RELEASE_TIMER
	#define HOSTAP_STALE_ENTRIES

from hostap_cs.c. Now I seem to have the same behaviour as with 0.1.2.
I still get the following messages upon the removal of the card though.

hostap_cs: CS_EVENT_CARD_REMOVAL
wifi0: card already removed or not configured during shutdown
wifi0: Interrupt, but dev not OK
wifi0: card already removed or not configured during shutdown

Jouni, what do you think about this?

/michael