non-volatile firmware update problems

Jouni Malinen jkmaline
Sun Mar 9 18:41:37 PST 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 02:00:02AM +0100, BartOwl wrote:

> with STA 0.8.3, but prism_srec refuses to do this, and when i've looked
> at the source - i know why:
> (from hostap_download.c, line 356)
>         case PRISM2_DOWNLOAD_NON_VOLATILE:
>                 ret = -EOPNOTSUPP;
>                 break;
> and here is my question - is there any possibility to download a
> firmware info non-volatile memory?

Not with current Host AP driver. Non-volatile download is not included
in the CVS version. I have written code for it, but it is known to be
faulty (as in killing cards) and I will not be including code for
non-volatile download before it is fully tested and known to work. I'm
using Windows tools for updating firmware if I need to do non-volatile
upgrade..