Richoh RL5c475 and IRQ

Craig Sanders cas
Sat Jul 26 03:37:42 PDT 2003

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 12:17:04AM -0400, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2003, Jerry wrote:
>
> > > # Defaults for pcmcia (sourced by /etc/init.d/pcmcia)
> > > PCMCIA=yes
> > > PCIC=i82365
> > > PCIC_OPTS="irq_mode=0 pci_irq_list=17,20"
>
> I wonder what's the reason to set pci_irq_list.  You shouldn't need that.

it wasn't auto-detecting, so i tried setting it manually. made no difference.

> Yes, something like this is more likely to help.  Once the interrupts are
> routed correctly, no options should be needed for i82365.  Maybe just
> "irq_mode=0".

tried that too.  doesn't work.

> The kernel PCMCIA (yenta_socket) should be fine too.

with kernel pcmcia, it detects the Ricoh RL5c475.  but none of the drivers
which *should* work (linux-wlan-ng, hostap, orinoco) will detect the senao
wireless card...which is why i tried pcmcia-cs instead.

> To fix the interrupt problem, try setting PCI access mode to BIOS or direct.

i'll try this.

> Also try enabling ACPI and disabling IO-APIC, and if you have
> SMP, try disabling it too.

no SMP, but will try disabling IO-APIC next time i recompile the kernel.

> I used to have other IRQ routing problems with Ricoh RL5c476, so I'm not
> surprised.  But the problems were on the bus level, so i82365 couldn't do
> anything about it - the fix was in the kernel.

maybe i should just get another pcmcia adaptor.  what's recommended
for linux?

craig