other HostAP mode hardware

Jon Burford jburford
Tue Jul 22 12:00:52 PDT 2003

Greetings!

In light of the recent acquisition of Intersil's WLAN division, there has
been much buzz about the future and availability of the Prism line of
chipsets.  With all of the excellent work that has gone into the HostAP
code, I am hoping there is a more distant and certain future migration path
for this project.  I have seen recent postings about how most of the code
might run on certain orinoco hardware.  However, it does not seem that this
or any other hardware supports HostAP mode at all or to the degree required
for HostAP.  Are there any other cards/chipsets which support HostAP mode?
Yes or no, what are the plans (if any) to have HostAP run on chipsets other
than the Prism family?

Regards,
Jon