HostAP and Bridging performance

Travis Read travisr
Thu Jan 30 17:37:59 PST 2003

Hey Dave,

What kind of ethernet card are you brdiging with? If it's a Realtek 8139
based card I'd consider getting a card with a DEC Tulip chipset or a
Intel (if you have the money). I've found that the realtek network cards
do not work very well at all if you try and do anything involving large
amounts of traffic. Maybe it's related?

Kind regards,

Travis Read
iiNet Senior Support       | Ph +61 8 9214 2222 Fx +61 8 9214 2211
travisr at staff.iinet.net.au | Level 6, Durack House, 263 Adelaide Terrace

" there is a war going on, it's not about who has the most bullets,
         it's about who controls the information " - SNEAKERS