HostAP and Bridging performance

Dave Edwards Dave.Edwards
Thu Jan 30 08:41:34 PST 2003

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for some pointers here. I have a system running RH8
operating as a Host based AP.

I have remote systems that can connect and Authenticate without any
problems, however when I enable bridging on the system the performance
of the network goes through the floor.

I'm relatively new to Linux and I guess that this issue is "operator
error", but I can't figure out what is the problem.

The performance that I'm seeing is as follows:

    Without bridging enabled I can get aound 650Kbytes /sec to the system

    When I enable bridging I get around 100Kbytes/sec!

Does anyone have any pointers on where I can start looking to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Dave