Which card has a most power?!

Jacques Caron Jacques.Caron
Wed Jan 22 06:19:22 PST 2003

Hi,

I would be surprised if that card had 100mW, most PRISM-based cards only
have 30mW. The most powerful cards around have 200mW, and Senao has one of
those (and it is PRISM-based).

Note however that in Europe, ETSI regulations prohibit going over 100mW
EIRP (to avoid interference to other users of the 2.4GHz band), which means
about 30mW output power with a standard dipole antenna, and less as you
increase your antenna gain. Cards sold for Europe usually have this limit
set in the card, but if you import cards made for the US market (where the
limits are much higher in general, and even higher for ptp links), it is
your responsibility to make sure you don't go over the limit. There have
been known cases in ETSI-regulated countries (e.g. France) of people being
fined and asked to tear down their installation because they were going
over the limits. Which all means that unless you are willing to take the
risk (and potentially annoy all your neighbors), there is no reason to use
a card with more than 30mW output power.

Hope that helps,

Jacques.